Skype Video Messaging allows you record and send a video message to friends and family on Skype anytime, even when they’re unavailable; they can watch your Video Message next time they’re on Skype.
Skype app is supports all Windows 8 versions, including x86, x64 and ARM builds, so Surface RT owners can also install it.
To get the preview of Skype Video Messaging, download the latest version of Skype for Windows 8 now from the Windows Store.
Note: Skype for Windows 8 limits the length of the video messages to three minutes; free Skype users can sent 20 video messages, Skype Premium can sent unlimited video messages.
Skype is the always-on app that makes staying in touch with all your contacts easier than ever.
Stay informed about what’s happening with your friends through video and voice calls and instant messaging, all from one app. So, no matter if you're on a PC, Windows Phone, Mac, tablet, iPhone or Android device, Skype keeps you connected and always available.
The following is a partial list of Skype for Windows 8 features.
- Once you sign in, the app is always on without draining your device's battery, so you can take calls any time.
- Exchange instant messages with all your Skype, Messenger and Outlook.com contacts.
- Call any phone quickly and easily from Skype.
- All Skype-to-Skype video and voice calls are free.
- Your messages are delivered straight to you no matter what you're doing.
- Snap Skype left or right and do more while you IM, video call or keep an eye on your home screen.
- Share photos, videos and files of any size over Skype.
- Preview video messaging. Record and share your video with friends, even when they’re unavailable. Send 20 video messages for free, or go unlimited with Skype Premium.
- Preview video messaging
- General fixes
English (United States)
Skype Video Messaging: Preview for Windows 8 Users